Monday, May 31, 2010

My First Post

I wanted to start this blog a few months ago, but I just never got around to it.  And since I am due to have a baby girl this coming Sunday, I guess I better start learning how to do this now!  Hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures and get a little practice in before I have a million pictures to post & a newborn to take care of.

I don't want this blog to be solely about the baby, and although I do enjoy writing, it's not going to be wordy or a journal about my life either.  In fact, this is probably the only post that will be mainly writing, and it's primarily going to serve as a reference for me.  I want it to be public, and that's all a little bit too personal for me.  I'm thinking about having another, private blog for that purpose, but we'll see.  What I really want this blog to be is a creative outlet for me.  I've been reading a few of my friend's blogs for awhile, but I really discovered the "blog world" around Christmas and I am totally OBSESSED!  I had no idea that there were decorating, sewing, cooking and fashion blogs out there!  And while I do still love my magazines, blogs are more accessible and, well, daily.  I decided pretty quickly that I definitely wanted to have a blog.  I used to want to be a magazine editor, so this is just right up my alley! (And, I can still be a mommy & not have to move to New York - a major plus for me!)

Here are some of my ideas for future posts:
Interior decorating:
- my own house
- friend's houses that inspire me
- rooms & homes from magazine articles or other bloggers that inspire me
- holiday decor
- ideas & projects

Products & stores I love
- reviews
- shopping trips
- etsy & online store recommendations

Baby style
- baby clothes I love
- baby products I love

Gift wrapping
- projects I have done
- ideas found in magazines or websites

Blog recommendations

Fashion & style:
- putting outfits together
- maternity style advice
- jewelry
- style icons & inspiration

Parties
- pics of party & invitation ideas

Flower arranging

Recipes
- recipes I have tried & loved (with pics)

Music & book recommendations

Stationary & paper

Also I would love to hear other ideas that you have for me to post about!  I am so excited to get started!

I also need help designing a banner & background for my blog.  I know exactly what I want - I just need someone to do it for me.  So if you can do that, or can recommend me to someone else, please let me know.

One last thing, I will not be using my real name or those of my husband & (soon to be) daughter.  I feel a little ridiculous even typing this, but for the purposes of this blog, we will be Muffy, Conrad & Midge.  I know, they're a little silly, but those are our nicknames for each other, so they will be easier for me to remember if I have to use a name for something!

Enjoy!

Muffy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Muffy - Just popped over to your blog for a look. I design blog banners/backgrounds - email me if you're interested - daniela(at)aestheticoiseau.com

    ReplyDelete